Search

Monday, May 22, 2017

Kiera Skirt- New pattern Designer Stitch



This is going to be my favorite item for the summer! The new Kiera Skirt from Designer Stitch! This is perfect for our summers.  Even if  I am not ( yet) a skirt person, I can totally see myself wearing maxi skirts all the summer.  



The Kiera skirt has two options, the one I made with a flat yoke and another version with a shirred back yoke and optional waist ties. You can add ties on the inside of the skirt and by tying them you can create different looks in changing the length of the skirt. There are some amazing testers versions with this option.


I made mine in size 3  in a beautiful crepe, that has the perfect weight for this skirt, I just love it. 


The skirt has 8 panels, 4 for the front and 4 for the back. The print was just too big and crazy to try any matching. The sewing was very fast, finished all the seams with my serger. I want to give a try to the shirred yoke, the instructions of how to do that are very clear.


During testing,  I found this amazing crepe at my "fabric guy" ( he is not mine or anything :), I pay for my fabric, but he has beautiful fabrics, sometimes real gems ). This fabric is so soft and "spongy "  and the print is amazing. So...this was screaming  Maxi Kiera, so in two days after buying it I had my skirt done...So happy that I can enjoy this fabric in this beautiful skirt.


I am 1.69m tall and I added 2 cm to the length. To make the fit easy, I made a muslin only for my yoke. So I could see where the yoke was hitting on my waist and so I decided also on the length.


So there are my new additions to my summer wardrobe, I know I will get a lot of wear of my two Kiera skirts and if I find more of this perfect fabrics, I know I will make a few more. 

The new Kiera Skirt is on sale at the moment at the Designer Stitch shop as a PDF with instructions in English.



No comments:

Post a Comment